Tuesday, August 5, 2014

El primer día de escuela (04 de agosto de 2014)

Well, well, well....  PRAISE GOD MONDAY IS OVER!!  Now the week is about to be relaxing.  Two days ago I told you that school starts today for me.  Yes, I am starting school way before the primary and secondary schools.  I won't tell you when I'm done with school quite yet! ;) :P

I got up this morning at 6:50am, FOR CLASS.  Like my first and last morning class (8:30am) I've had during my collegiate years was 4 years ago, and I got up for that class at 8:10am.  Thank God I only get up on Mondays at 6:50.  The reasons I get up that early are: 1. extra 10 minutes of sleep, 2. 30 minutes to get ready, 3. 10 minutes for breakfast, and 4. 15 minutes to walk (cruise) to the bus stop to catch the bus at 8:00am (next bus comes at 9:00am) and get to school with 15 minutes to spare.

First Day of School Selfie

My first class is a 140 minute long Spanish course, Historia de Chile, with a 20 minute break in between.  Let me just say Le'Struggle is going to be real with that class.  My next class for the day is Literatura at 1300.  There are 6 of us from ISA in that course.  The class is 70 minutes, and we've already decided that we will be helping one another with understanding what's expected and due.  We already have homework that's due Wednesday... -__-.  After that class I have to find something to do with my life for 3 hrs. and 50 mins.  Why? Becasuse my last class of the day, International Business, is at 1800 and ends at 2040.  I'm at this school for 12 hours.  At least the class is in English and my mind won't wonder to much.

My "I'm ready to go, I'm hungry again, I'm tired" Face

Are you wonder what my class schedule looks like for the rest of the week?

Tuesday: Latin American on Film 1330-1610 (20 min break in between)
Wednesday: Literatura 1300-1410
Thursday: Marketing Trends and Strategies in Latin America 1330-1610 (20 min break in between)

That's it!!  One class Tuesday through Thursday that start around 1300, no classes on Friday, 3-day weekends every weekend... how great does that sound!??  Just pray for me on Mondays.  That's all I ask.  It's a few of us that live at UAI for about 12 hours on Mondays, so during our break we're going to start doing something product with our lives.

My view from the Patio

UAI



My view from the Cafe

School here in Chile is different but similar is some ways.  My first class, my professor said that he was old school.  Pen/pencil and paper, no electronic devices.  He does not like disruptive people.  One student was falling asleep, he called him out and told him to get coffee.  Two other students were messing around, and he separated them (thought I was back in middle/high school for a minute).  The professors have a schedule of how the class may go (similar to the US), but they don't necessarily follow it.  You either have Thursday and/or Friday off, or Monday and/or Tuesday.  Classes are either 140 minutes one day (back-to-back) or 70 minutes twice a week.  At Trinity, a semester is M/W/F 50mins, M/W 75mins, and/or T/R 75 mins, a maximum of 18 hours.  Oh I forgot to mention this... every day when I arrive to school, I have to look on the screens to see where my class are located.  They are never in the same room. -__-

Okay, I'm done complaining about my schedule and courses for now.  If anything exciting happens at school, depending on what it is, I'll let you know! ;)

CHAO!


ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

Guess what!?  I get to drop my 8:30am class!! Praise God!  Let me tell you, He's always on time!  So apparently that class wouldn't transfer back to the upper division class that I needed back at Trinity, so.... it HAD TO GO!  I may have to make some other changes, but we'll see.  PSA: Future study abroad students, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE always keep in contact with your home school advisor so that you can make sure that the courses you take abroad count towards your credits, because if you don't, those credits won't count for anything and it will be a waste of class time abroad.  When creating your schedule, take classes that will count towards your major/minor/common curriculum.  You are having an experience of a lifetime abroad, but don't forget you have to graduate on time!  Speaking of graduation.... (O_o) I just realized that I am classified as a senior at Trinity University.  Don't feel like it, and I like that it doesn't feel like it.  I'll realize it when I return to the states.  I'm just a student studying in Chile! : -D

No comments:

Post a Comment