Sunday, August 3, 2014

30 de julio de 2014

Okay, I know my titles are repetitive, but give me a couple more days until I'm able to create some catchy titles. 

So today is my last day is Santiago and my last breakfast at the Rent-A-Home Apartment with Sybille and Jenny.  I'm excited because after our excursiones, we head to nuestro ciudad nuenva, Viña del Mar, and I get to meet mi familia nueva, los Gonzálezes.  They will be my chilean family during my stay here.






Before we departed Santiago,  we visited La Chascona
Museum (I put the website in English for you).  It was a tour of Pablo Neruda's House. You all should be proud of me.  We had the option of listening to the tour in English o en Español.  Can you guess what I chose??  SÍ, ESPAÑOL!  I have to practice my Spanish every opportunity I get.  I could understand more pieces than I thought I would. I was very proud of myself (pats self on the back). 





 

So we headed to Patio Bellavista and had lunch. We ate at LeFournil.  It's an Italian restaurant. I tried something for the first time, Pesto Fettuccine.   It was good. I also had some of Sybille's fillet.  That was some good meat.





Sybille, Calley, Caroline, Jenny and I

Well... now we're own our way to meet our families in Viña!!  I'm nervous and excited at the same time. After this 2 hour drive, I'll let you know how it goes!!

OMG!!! I have 2 million feelings running through me. Mi papá y una de mis hermanas me recogieron. It was rough in the car but I managed to make small talk.  Once we got to the house, I met mi mamá, mi hermanita y mi prima!  Mi prima knows English, so she said she would help me say things and also translate things I don't understand, but that's it.  My little sister is the cutest thing ever.  When she first saw me, she asked if I was shy... she really wanted to talk to me. She is in love with my hair.  She said she never seen anything like it. I let her touch and she couldn't stay away from me after that. Funny thing... so they had a picture of me that I sent for my program and she said that I was very pretty in person!! Haha. I wonder what photo I submitted to my portal. She told me about her class and showed me the grades she made on her work at school.  So in Chile, they have desayuno, almuerzo,  "once" y, más o menos, cena.  "Once" is like tea time with bread.  I don't drink tea, but I had it today.  Let me tell you all... I love me some bread, and I have been eating large amounts of bread daily.  (Let's not get on my weight just yet.)  Mi mamá said that she was going to teach me how to make some Chilean dishes!!  YESSAHHH!! Watch out now, I'll be going back to the US cooking some new dishes.  Anyways, I've opened myself up to try new things while I'm here.  I have no other choice because I'm not about to starve myself due do something I don't like or won't try.  While all this was happening we were watching White House Down. It started off in spanish,  but they changed it to English with Spanish subtitles just for me.  I let that slide today. It's a good movie by the way, you should check that out. With all the spanish that has been thrown at me today, my mind and body is a little drained. I have an early morning so I'm out!

Btw...these conversations I'm having with my family are in spanish.  It's not perfect spanish, but they understand what I'm trying to say.   If I need something or want to communicate with them I got to figure it out. I now speak my "new" mother's tongue!

1 comment:

  1. Breanna! Wow I feel like I'm right there with you.....enjoy this experience and I told you watch out for those Latino men:-) ja, ja, ja

    ReplyDelete