Sunday, August 3, 2014

27 de julio de 2014

Oh my gosh!!  That 9 hour flight from Atlanta to Santiago was the most.  Sitting in a seat for 9 hours on the window, not able to stand up, with a passenger behind you constantly pushing against the seat... -__- Anyways, that was just the worst part.  The best part of the flight was seating next to Genevieve (Jenny from DU), another student that is apart of my program, and realizing that we don't have to enter the country of Chile by ourselves.  We had our very own touchscreens with the capabilities to watch movies, television shows, listen to music, and play games.  I chose to watch Rio, one of my fav movies, in Spanish, while eating dinner at midnight... like why so late Delta?  I played solitaire and got a high score of 678 in 03:37.  You may think I was extremely bored.  For some odd reason, I couldn't go to sleep for the first two hours of my flight.  After all that nonsense, I finally went to sleep.  Oh I let me not forget to give a shout out to Delta Airlines for the free headphones, earplugs, AND the sleeping mask.  If I didn't have my pillow and blanket, I'd appreciate theirs too.

Touch screen device
Goodies
Movie Options 
Mi película Rio en español
La cena

El desayuno






























Fast forward, around 8:30 am EST (Chilean time as well), we landed in Santiago, Chile.  The view of the country was gorgeous to fly over.  The mountains were an amazing sight to see.  As Jenny and I got off the plane, we foundd our way to immigration (30 minute wait), then to customs with out luggage (an addition 20 minute wait).  It finally hit us once we found one of the ISA staff members waiting for us at the door.  We finally made it.

In the Clouds
Jenny and I
Flying over the mountains
So... our (incomplete) group of 20+ students and the directors, head back to our "apartment" home.  It's very ironic that Jenny sat by me on the plane because she is also one of my roommates during our stay in Santiago.  My other roommate is Sybille who's from Haiti.  The room we stay in has a great view of Santiago.


For the excursions today, we went to el "Centro Artesanal Los Dominiocos" and I had my first Chilean dish, "Pollo Ave jado c/arroz y ensalada."  ¡Es muy bueno!  We also went to Cerro San Cristóbal.  The views there were amazing.  
Centro Artesanal Los Dominicos

Pollo Ave jado c/arroz y ensalada


Panoramic view of Santiago 

Cerro San Cristóbal
El funicular


As much as we've been doing for our first day with little sleep, once we got back to the hotel, I had to turn down.  My roommates and I watched White Chicks and National Treasure 1 &2 in Español.  I have to get with the program.  Just give me about three weeks or so, and I'll have some conversations for you.  We'll it's 9:00 pm, and I'm heading to bed.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment