Friday, August 1, 2014

26 de julio de 2014

Parents dropped me off at the DFW Airport

Today is the day!!  I leave Atlanta, Georgia and head towards Santiago, Chile.  If you know me, you know I have a passion for traveling and a desire to explore the world beyond the United States abroad.  As an International Business major at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, studying abroad is part of the major requirement.  I am apart of the ISA Study Abroad program that is held in Viña del Mar, Chile for 5 months.  I'm not feeling nervous at the moment, just a little anxious.
I had my last pizza and wine from America and enjoyed every bit of it.  I am a little concerned about the language barrier, but I know that by the end of this trip, I should be conversational. 
I'm leaving the hot (which I prefer) Texas weather, 102.6 lbs heavy, and heading to the winter season of about 50-70 degrees F (10-20 degrees C).  I don't do cold, but at least it's for a month, then I'm back to summer again.  It's sad to say that I won't see the fall season for a complete year and that's my second favorite season.
To my readers, I hope can experience a little of Chile through my eyes.  I hope to keep this blog updated often so you know what's going on.  I'm not a writer, this is just my story of my time in Chile.  Thank you all for your support!!  I'm about to get on this 9 hour flight so that my journey may begin!

Side Notes:  I didn't write about my pre-departure process, but if you have any questions or want to know how that went, as well as things occurring during my trip, let me know!  And please excuse my Spanglish. I'll eventually be writing some blogs, both in Spanish and English. 

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment