Sunday, August 3, 2014

01 de agosto de 2014

I'm so tired today that I don't even have much to say.  Walking, site-seeing, tours, trying to figure what's going on.... it drains your energy.  I'll try to piece together what happened today.

Mi papa was off today so I saw him for breakfast this morning.  He took me to la officina de ISA this morning.  He's a bus driver, so he told me to be cautious when out in the streets and do's and don't's for the bus (like don't talk to strangers, which bus to take, etc.).  I think I'm beginning to get the bus system down.  We're so friendly in America.  Back home, when I see someone, whether I know them or not, I speak.  En Chile,  when I say "hola" or "salud" (when someone sneezes), they give me that confused look like, and who are you?  I apologize in advance if I come back to the United States rude. : P

So today we got on the metro and went to the port to go on un Muelle Prat (boat tour).  It was nice and refreshing.  After that tour, we went to Cerro Alegre y Cerro Concepción.  Enjoy the photos...






Lobos del mar


Armadas de Chile


La entrada al museo

El acensor








La iglesia de protestante








Once we came back, my group had to stay and get registered for our Chilean ID's.  While we had to wait, Sybille, Jenny, and I went to Paris (the store that is).  It was like a Chilean Macy's.  I bought something and while I was at the cash register, this lady was underneath my armpit like she wanted to cut in front of me or just push me out the way as if I wasn't standing there to buy something.  Ma'am ¿ Puedo ayudarle? #Swerve... I got to purchase my item before her. HA!  Anyways, we left there and went to el supermercado (it is literally connected to the mall).  Sybille was walking around like she had been missing food all her life  It was the funniest thing ever.  She kept telling Jenny and I that let's go to the restaurants, I know they're around here somewhere.  We walked towards the front and BAM... la caféteria del supermercado.  She was like "I TOLD YOU!! I KNEW THERE WAS FOOD AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE!"  They didn't have empanadas  so we went to this café outside. Lolz.
I was so tired, that after I registered at the police station, Erick, Sybille, and I were about to fall asleep waiting for the others to get registered.  When my sister came to pick me up from the office, we talked.  On the bus we saw Anna y su mamá and on our way home walking, we saw Sierra.  I passed out when I got to the house.

After my nap, I went to "once."  I don't know whether or not I'm hungry or I want food because I see it.  If you all saw the way I was eating lunch... O_o....I'm walking to much to gain weight.  So, mi hermanita y yo vamos a aprender al danza a "Single Ladies" de Beyonce.  We watched music videos of her favorite artist Katy Perry and some of Rihanna.  We're helping each other out.  I'm teaching her some English words and their significance, and she's teaching me Spanish phrases.  By the end of this trip, I will know a song in Spanish.  Mark my words.  (If I don't, don't worry about it .)  She has to break some things down for me.  It's so funny.  I will be conversational before I even know it.   La práctica hace perfecto!

Fotos del día



Sarah and I 


Con Emma al Café

No comments:

Post a Comment