Sunday, August 3, 2014

31 de julio de 2014

It's so cold this morning. It's so cold that I slept in some sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a sweat-shirt, underneath 6 blankets. I slept good though.  I honestly feel so greedy now, or I'm just letting my stomach expand. Mi mama gave me oatmeal for breakfast, and I keep stuffing my face after I felt full (By the way, the milk mi familia use is powder. Never had it like that).  And funny thing, I don't drink apple juice. But guess what, this morning I did!  Once you go abroad you start eating/drinking things you don't like or don't prefer back home.  My survival tactics are kicking.  This is not the time and place I would choose to be selfish and picky.  I haven't given in to the seafood, and that's still a no go.  Mi familia already knows how I feel about seafood.  [For those of you that go abroad in the future and stay with a family, whether you speak their language or not, PLEASE express how you feel.  Let them know of things you're uncomfortable with or really don't like.  They are willing to work with you.  Well I know mine are!] 
It was so cute that my little sister was excited to go with our older sister and I, and drop me off at the ISA office. We rode el micro to the office and it was cool.  I'll learn this bus system soon or later.  Once I got there, the group met up and we all talk about how everyone loves their families, where they stay, and of course, o_o... language barriers. Lolz 

Today we went touring around Valpo (I'm already using their lingo).  We were at Cerro Artillería La Sebastiana, Museo a Cielo Abierto y downtown Valpo.  It was just amazing views everywhere we went.  The artist of the murals, mosaics, and graffiti are extremely talented.  Taggers know not to destroy their work. [Google Valparaiso and see if you notice anything.]


 







 






After our tours, we rode la Parada (trolley) back to the office.   Oh I forgot to mention this morning that mi madre FIXED ME LUNCH!  When was the last time you mother fixed you lunch? (5th grade for me.) I had arroz y pollo con vegetables.  Mi madre sabe cocinar.  Sarah and I were eating together, and we both were discussing how we've been eating out of control.  I was stuffing my face.  After I was full, I still tried to force it down. You probably wondering why.  I didn't explain yesterday, but breakfast,"once", and dinner are light meals. The heaviest meal is lunch. Had to make sure my my stomach was filled up so that I'm not starving through the night. My sister picked me up from the office and headed back home en el micro. We had small talk again, more than yesterday. When we got home, best believe I took a nap!  



My two hour nap was amazing, BUT...I'm freezing my butt off.  I KNEW that Viña del Mar's 61°F weather is completely different than in the south of the United States. I am looking like a pig in a blanket with gloves. I kept telling people that Chile's 61°F weather is completely different.  Like if I wasn't taking this in for the full experience, I would have contacted my parents asap and had them ship me a coat, a heater, and sweat suits (they wouldn't, but it's the thought that counts).  I miss the weather back home...




The days just keep getting better and better.  My older sister asked if I wanted to go with her to the store and to pick up our younger sister from school, and of course I did.  I really wish I could explain and let you feel you how I felt walking the streets with my sisters.  When my little sister saw me, she smiled.  As we started walking, she held my hand. :]  It was the cutest thing ever.  She showed me around the supermarket and the candy store.  Of course people were staring at me. I don't care, people do that everwhere.  Like one, she is not from around here, and two, who let their child with this gringa? I made myself blend in.  I can't bring attention to myself.  As we passed the musicians playing on the street, they started singing to me.  Apparently, they were calling me beautiful and started "oooh"ing.  Lolz.. All I could do was laugh.  I can still here them outside my window.  Oh I got to talk to my other sister and her boyfriend on Skype.

Mi hermanita Esmeralda
I had dinner tonight with Esmeralda, while mi mama y hermana had "once".  We watched la princesa y la rana.  My mother showed me pictures of the family and past students they've hosted.  I can see how much they enjoy the opportunity to host students from around the world.  I'll be on the shelves sooner or later. ;) I really enjoy the family time her.  In Chile, the family is always together.  For dinner y/u "once", we always sit around the table and talk.  I love doing this back home with my family.  I believe family time is the most important time ever.   


Fotos del Día

Be Relaxed, Be Silly, Be Amazed in Chile 

Selfie game with Sybille, Anaïs, Sierra, Jenny, Erick, and I 

Don't dream you life, Live your dream!
Julianna and I



No comments:

Post a Comment